Another problem I encountered was that mailq is not setuid root on this distro. Rather than reinvent the wheel, I thought I'd have a look at how RH & sendmail measure the size of the queue.
- /usr/bin/mailq is a symlink to /etc/alternatives/mta-mailq
- /etc/alternatives/mta-mailq is a symlink to /usr/bin/mailq.sendmail
- /usr/bin/mailq.sendmail is a symlink to /usr/sbin/sendmail
- /usr/sbin/sendmail is a symlink to /etc/alternatives/mta
- /etc/alternatives/mta is a symlink to /usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail